Intro To Ski Touring (Revelstoke, BC)
January 14 – 15, 2017
It’s time. Get out of the lift lines and into the alpine with this comprehensive introduction to ski touring. Spend two days venturing outside the Revelstoke Mountain Resort backcountry with an the amazing ACMG guide Emelie Stenberg learning the tricks of the touring including packing your gear, using your equipment, efficient ways to travel, managing terrain/groups and of course skiing some amazing snow! The small group and hands-on instruction will give you plenty of opportunity to feel more comfortable and confident in the backcountry. This camp includes all necessary lift tickets and instruction, but all participants must come with their own packed lunch, AT skis, boots and skins, as well as a backpack that includes an avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel.
- This is not an AST Level 1 course. You will not receive any certification as part of this camp
- Gear can be rented for our friends at Revelstoke Mountain Resort retail store
- This camp is geared towards female skiers that currently consider themselves intermediate to advanced skiers (feel free to check out our skills guide if you are unsure) and have potentially taken a GDS resort camp before
- No previous ski touring experienced needed but we suggest that you’ve logged a few days in your touring ski boots to avoid blisters
- Open to ladies 19+
Camp only, no lift tickets: $240 plus tax
Including lift tickets: $340 plus tax
Advanced Ski Touring (Rogers Pass, BC)
February 9 – 11, 2017
Ski the lines you’ve always wanted to ski with the help of local ACMG ski guide and GDS superstar Jasmin Caton. This course is designed to give more advanced skiers the chance to build confidence and experience in the backcountry with other like-minded females. It’s a fantastic opportunity to explore the mountains in Rogers Pass BC, in a challenging yet supportive environment. The expectation is that participants will have experience in the backcountry and their own AT gear/safety equipment and be well versed in how to use it.
- It is not a prerequisite that participants have their AST Level 1, and please note that no certification will be given as part of this course
- Open to ladies age 19+
Expert Ski Touring (Rogers Pass, BC)
January 7 – 8, 2017
Get your ski tour on in Rogers Pass! If you have been regularly accessing your two lungs, heartbeat and ski touring skills then this is the camp for you. As more of a mission based camp, the Expert Ski Touring is aimed at skiing objectives (considering weather and avalanche conditions) in Rogers Pass with ACMG ski guru, Christina Lustenberger. This camp will be open to ladies who have completed our Advanced Ski Touring Camp or have several weeks of logged backcountry skiing and travel.
- Six spots available, 6:1 ratio of Skiers to ACMG Guide
- Camp will start at Rogers Pass discovery centre at 7:30am PST
- Lunch is not included but prizes are
- Girls Do Ski hat and sticker are included in registration price
- Open to ladies 19+
$240 plus tax